Author Topic: iDroid MoJo 1.0.4.1 Release Announcement  (Read 11521 times)

Offline t3l0_b4k4r

• View Profile
Re: iDroid MoJo 1.0.4.1 Release Announcement
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
very nice for play music but after restat always scan Media Scanner.
problem if install direct download idroid Mojo v.1.0.4.1 from bootlace wifi not connect but if manual install wifi not problem. what wrong?
and ADB can't connect.
how to fix?

Offline saidias

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
How do get ringtones? 

/var/sdcard/media/ringtones   ?

Scanned Media, but still don't see any. 

Offline Zeta0134

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »
Well I'll be damned. It actually charges when plugged into my computer now, even when it's playing music. That's downright exciting!

I'm in a 3G, install went perfectly, I'm still playing around with it. I can't say anything for wifi, but it's definitely smoother and more responsive than the previous version was. Great job so far. ^_^

-Zeta

EDIT: Aww bugger, the multitouch driver seems to have crashed. One hard-reset, coming up. I can't test it now, I'm in class, but I suspect it still doesn't like headphones very much.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:12:29 PM by Zeta0134 »

Offline ddominator

• The Dominator
  • Global Moderator
  • Sold his soul to Google
    • View Profile
    • Unofficial iDroid News Blog
  • iDevice: iPhone 2G 3.1.3
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.94 FTW!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
Well I'll be damned. It actually charges when plugged into my computer now, even when it's playing music. That's downright exciting!

I'm in a 3G, install went perfectly, I'm still playing around with it. I can't say anything for wifi, but it's definitely smoother and more responsive than the previous version was. Great job so far. ^_^

-Zeta

EDIT: Aww bugger, the multitouch driver seems to have crashed. One hard-reset, coming up. I can't test it now, I'm in class, but I suspect it still doesn't like headphones very much.

There's an unfixed bug that while booting with the headphones, iDroid will crash... Sorry
Help Google takeover the world. Use Android on your mobile devices, use Chrome Browser, use Chrome OS!!!

Offline Zeta0134

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
I had the same problem with adb tool, my workaround was to configure manually "IP settings" (IP address, Gateway, DNS, etc) for my WiFI network.
Where do i go to edit the "IP Settings" ?
Thanks

To edit IP/DNS settings on Android, go to Settings -> Wifi Settings, then press the Android Menu [iPhone Home] button and click on Advanced. You need to use a static IP in order to set DNS settings, make sure it's in the right range and all, not going into that here.

There's an unfixed bug that while booting with the headphones, iDroid will crash... Sorry

Actually, I'm aware of this bug, and this seems to be unrelated. I'm not yet sure how I triggered the firmware crash, but android was already booted / playing music when it happened. The process went sort of like this:

Install Android via Bootlace
Boot into Android (with headphones out)
"OMG Android! It's freaking awesomer! *looks at clock* holy crap I have class!"
Quick Media Scan
*Plug in Headphones*
Start music playing
Freak out because damn, that's really loud
Go into Settings, decrease volume
Lock phone, apply pocket, walk to class (I live on campus)
Get to class, remove phone, remove headphones
"Well crap, it's still playing"
Attempt to unlock phone via touchscreen
Kill phone because touchscreen isn't responding
Edit post on iDroidProject forums

That's the abridged version at least. I'm trying to narrow down what went wrong between the lock and the crash, which I'm testing right now.

Anyway, wifi confirmed working, but I'm chiming in on the DNS bug, Android doesn't seem to be getting DNS from the DHCP correctly. I set it to static IP and manually entered DNS servers (I'm using the google public ones at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and it works beautifully.

-Zeta

EDIT: More aww... It doesn't charge when plugged in and connected to Wifi. That appears to be too much of a battery drain for it to charge properly. Sadness. (it does drain very slowly in this case.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:15:29 AM by Zeta0134 »

Offline jack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 02:43:53 AM »
I had the same problem with adb tool, my workaround was to configure manually "IP settings" (IP address, Gateway, DNS, etc) for my WiFI network.
Where do i go to edit the "IP Settings" ?
Thanks
Follow the menu "Settings" --> "Wireless & Networks" --> "Wi-Fi settings", now press "home button", select "Avanced";  here you can modify the IP settings.

Offline oztiz

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3G iOS 4.1
  • iDroid Version: MoJo 1.0.4.1
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.6b2
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:48 PM »
It is possible to fix dns with the Terminal app.  I did:
$su
#setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8
cat /dev/random > /dev/console

Offline campi9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »
please help. ipt1G with bootlace 2.1.4 e idroid Mojo 1.0.4.1. I've got problem with wifi,i can connect mi device to internet but i can't browse web page . I fixed dns manually from the terminal or by settings,but i'm still having problem...why?? help!!!

Offline lenarto

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 05:30:48 PM »
@campi: well jack's suggestion to configure advanced settings manually worked for me, are you sure you used the correct dns from your isp ? did you try to ping a website directly with it's ip to make sure internet works ? maybe reinstall wifi driver, or revert to 1.0.3 as a last resort...

Offline JayWheel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »
You don't need the DNS of your ISP, just point to your router (in my case 192.168.1.1)
That does it for me (Linksys WRT54G).

Offline Rekoil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3GS (old bootrom), iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
You don't need the DNS of your ISP, just point to your router (in my case 192.168.1.1)
That does it for me (Linksys WRT54G).
That works because your router is actually supplying your ISP's DNS through it's own DNS server. You could also point it at 8.8.8.8 which is one of Googles DNS servers.
32gb factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with early bootrom and shsh for all available firmwares