iDroid Forum

Development => OpeniBoot Development => Custom Builds => Topic started by: labricol on September 19, 2010, 02:02:48 PM

Title: Triple Boot OS : Icon for Psfreedom
Post by: labricol on September 19, 2010, 02:02:48 PM
Hi everyone ,

i post a revised version of openiboot v0.1.2, with an icon for booting Psfreedom and keeps a working version of Mojo .

just copy your 5 files for psfreedom into /private/var/idroid/Psfreedom

and 5 files for Mojo into /private/var/idroid

www.megaupload.com/?d=U00FB0PL (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U00FB0PL)

<!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> There are 2 others version, but be carreful I can't test it  <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

2G www.megaupload.com/?d=XZTKLXPX (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZTKLXPX)

Ipod www.megaupload.com/?d=UQVQ5KT3 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQVQ5KT3)

(http://[url=http://img691.imageshack.us/i/customopeniboot.png/][IMG]http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7652/customopeniboot.th.png)[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)[/img]

Thank's the team for your hard work !!!
Title: Re: Triple Boot OS : Icon for Psfreedom
Post by: iPwnUK on September 19, 2010, 03:59:33 PM
Nice job, works well booting either iOS, Android, PSFreedom or the console.
by the way you might want to correct your post, as the directory is '/private/var/idroid/Psfreedom' not '/private/var/iroid/Psfreedom'
One suggestion would be to increase the size of the icons to match that of the regular openiboot, as despite what your picture shows, when i flashed it to my phone the icons are small and leave a big gap between iOS/console and Android/PSFreedom :P but appart from that, great work :D
A tip for others: make sure you create the directory name as stated, as it is case sensitive :)
Post by: labricol on September 19, 2010, 05:38:59 PM
thank's  ;)

I can't resize my icons because the size of my image is too big for flash  :(

but I'd probably lift the design in the next day for around its  :D
Post by: xVermicide on September 19, 2010, 06:45:17 PM
i'm assuming  this is exclusively for iphone, as ./loadibec doesn't do anything with my IPT1G :/
would it be possible to get this rebuilt for ipod?

also, with one of these images as the logo:

-removed

or this one, the newer logo:

-removed
Post by: labricol on September 19, 2010, 07:44:32 PM
No it's trademark icon  :?

I can do a version for ipod but i can't test it ,i don't have an Ipod or 2g version
Post by: xVermicide on September 19, 2010, 08:15:58 PM
ah well that's ok about the icon, it was just a suggestion

i'll gladly test it for you.
IPT1G here ^^
Post by: xVermicide on September 19, 2010, 09:05:50 PM
testing ipod version now.
i'll post results soon.

edit:
actually MU says the download is temporarily unavailable.
i'll try again in a few minutes.
Post by: iPwnUK on September 19, 2010, 09:23:25 PM
Quote from: "labricol"
thank's  ;)

I can't resize my icons because the size of my image is too big for flash  :(

but I'd probably lift the design in the next day for around its  :D
Fair enough :P keep up the good work :)
Post by: xVermicide on September 19, 2010, 09:29:38 PM
ipod version works perfectly, thanks :]
Post by: Forgott3n on September 20, 2010, 06:53:47 PM
I'm kind of new to all this, but I've managed to setup a dual boot iPhone and iDroid OS, backed up NOR, all that good stuff. Everything is working ok. I want to try this tripple boot, but I don't seem to know how to get this to work.

What are the 5 files of the PSfreedom that your talking about? I am kind of lost when it comes to this tripple boot. Can you help me out here please?

BTW great job to the iDroid community. I love this OS.
Post by: iPwnUK on September 23, 2010, 06:05:37 PM
I'm kind of new to all this, but I've managed to setup a dual boot iPhone and iDroid OS, backed up NOR, all that good stuff. Everything is working ok. I want to try this tripple boot, but I don't seem to know how to get this to work.

What are the 5 files of the PSfreedom that your talking about? I am kind of lost when it comes to this tripple boot. Can you help me out here please?

BTW great job to the iDroid community. I love this OS.
well, i only use 2 files (android.img.gz and zImage) for my PSFreedom tripple boot and it works fine, but basically you have to boot your phone or iPod into recovery mode by holding down the home button on boot, then in terminal use the ./loadibec openiboot.img3 command (with the downloaded tripple boot openiboot.img3), then it will load into the new openiboot, from there select the console option, as you did originally, and use the ./oibc command to load the console in terminal, and then type install to install it over your current openiboot :)
after that, boot up iOS, then ssh into /private/var/idroid/ and create a folder called 'Psfreedom' (case sensitive) and place the android.img.gz and zImage files there, when you've done that, simply restart the phone and select PSFree from the list :)
Post by: jsjar on September 23, 2010, 11:04:59 PM
just tried the 2g version and it is working fine for me thanks
Post by: R3nzoku on September 24, 2010, 11:45:38 AM
Hello, there is a hermes psfredoom now. Can u make an openiboot with 1 more option, like hermes? that usese the files from let's say "/private/var/idroid/Hermes"??
Post by: iPwnUK on September 25, 2010, 12:16:34 AM
Hello, there is a hermes psfredoom now. Can u make an openiboot with 1 more option, like hermes? that usese the files from let's say "/private/var/idroid/Hermes"??
you may as well just replace the enormal one with the hermes files as they only add extra features, they dont remove any (that i know of :P)
Post by: ddominator on September 27, 2010, 02:36:39 PM
Good job guys. (I don't have a PS3 so I can't use PS Freedom).

Anyways, if ever you make changes to OpeniBoot, like adding a PS Freedom option along with iDroid Option (ex. /private/var/psfree/) be sure to share source code.  As majority of people know, some guy with a very popular project refused to share source code and his project was removed from the site.

OpeniBoot is under GPL2 license so it is ILLEGAL to not share source code for modifications.
Post by: I051867 on October 01, 2010, 04:22:21 AM
Hi, good job
it works fine for me with the normal exploit, i will try with the Hermes exploit.
Thx so much
Post by: nickymot on October 02, 2010, 09:01:12 PM
Hi, great job. Sorry for the noob question, but since I have installed PSFreedom using the package file in their website, is it possible that I can install Android on top of that? Or do I have to uninstall Openiboot first, and install Android, then add PSFreedom last? Thanks. A detailed guide is really appreciated.
Post by: order2chaos on October 05, 2010, 06:16:07 AM
Hi, great job. Sorry for the noob question, but since I have installed PSFreedom using the package file in their website, is it possible that I can install Android on top of that? Or do I have to uninstall Openiboot first, and install Android, then add PSFreedom last? Thanks. A detailed guide is really appreciated.

Nicky, if you've used the packaged "1 shot" installer from the PSfreedom wiki then you've installed iphodroid. 1) That isn't supported here 2) any attempt to install this over the top of iphodroid will fail. So the answer to your question is no. For various reasons found throughout this forum (and by reading the tales of misery over at the iphodroid forum) I suggest you abandon iphodroid and join the fold. If you wish to do so, simply running "uninstall" from the boot screen will not suffice, you'll need to completely restore the 3G in itunes (remembering that OpeniBoot currently only supports ioS 4.0.2 and below).
Once restored in itunes, JB using redsn0w, then follow this guide to install open iboot: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Installing_OpeniBoot
Finally, for simplicity, I recommend you install idroid via bootlace, guide here: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Bootlace
Then, you can follow reply number 10 of this thread (ipwnuk's response) which is basically overwriting the existing openiboot install with labricol's files. The two files he makes reference to are destined for the Psfreedom folder are available on the PSfreedom wiki, http://ersan.us/src/psfreedom-iphone3g.zip (above the link to the 1 shot installer)

I was initially in the same situation as you and following the above steps worked for me. Thanks go to Labricol for the files and and to iPwnUK for illuminating the way!

What PS3 JB'ers using iphones really need is someone competent enough to support the intergration and compilation of recent developments such as Hermes payload and Kaka's PL3, as this is abit dated now. Many of us wait with baited breathe...
Post by: Carlcox89 on October 06, 2010, 07:57:42 PM
Can anyone compile this using old-template of openiboot ??
Cause i'm using a 3G 3.1.3 (sn0wbreeze) and it isnt working when ( sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3 ).
Post by: trentmkii on October 07, 2010, 05:27:44 PM
So... I've got this up and running on my 3G. Android, OS3.1.3, and Console will load with no problems at all. PSFreedom on the other hand doesn't. It will load up to the INIT at which point I go through the PS3 side of the JB. After a bit of waiting I get to a point where it repeats "libertas: unable to find helper firmware sd8686_helper.bin"

Not exactly sure what is causing this. I do have the PSFreedom files located in /private/var/idroid/Psfreedom

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Post by: trentmkii on October 07, 2010, 07:59:50 PM
Can anyone compile this using old-template of openiboot ??
Cause i'm using a 3G 3.1.3 (sn0wbreeze) and it isnt working when ( sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3 ).

I got it to install fine on my 3G with 3.1.3. I used redsn0w though. My installation was done with Ubuntu on a virtual machine. I just had to make sure and select the Apple device under the "Devices" tab. If you are installing it yhe same way you might want to double check that step. It wouldn't install for me if I didn't have it selected.

Hope this helps.
Post by: iPwnUK on October 08, 2010, 12:11:55 AM
So... I've got this up and running on my 3G. Android, OS3.1.3, and Console will load with no problems at all. PSFreedom on the other hand doesn't. It will load up to the INIT at which point I go through the PS3 side of the JB. After a bit of waiting I get to a point where it repeats "libertas: unable to find helper firmware sd8686_helper.bin"

Not exactly sure what is causing this. I do have the PSFreedom files located in /private/var/idroid/Psfreedom

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
It all depends on the timing of the power and eject buttons being pressed (I also have problems sometimes if there's a disk in the drive, but sometimes it does still work). if the PS3 hasn't booted by the time the very fast scrolling text (after the device_ready type ones), then reboot the phone/ipod, switch the ps3 off at the wall/power switch on the back depending on if you have a slim or fat model, then try again using a different timing.
Hope this helps, took me a while to get it to work myself. :)
Post by: trentmkii on October 08, 2010, 07:59:56 AM
Hmm...I've tried several times but I will continue to try. I can PSGroove to load up no problem with an iPod video running the RockBox exploit. Maybe PSFreedom and PSGroove have different timing needs. If I have any luck I'll respond with the details.

Thanks.
Post by: trentmkii on October 08, 2010, 09:21:20 PM
:bows head in shame: So I just realized that the PS3 I was tryin to use the iPhone on was still on 3.40.

With that said problems do still exist. Once the PS3 boots it gives the "An unknown USB device..." message. I've read in a couple places where people say it's a timing issue. I've got the JB to run no problem from my iPod video on both of my PS3's. I can't get PSFreedom via iPhone to work on either PS3.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.
Post by: iPwnUK on October 09, 2010, 10:32:03 PM
:bows head in shame: So I just realized that the PS3 I was tryin to use the iPhone on was still on 3.40.

With that said problems do still exist. Once the PS3 boots it gives the "An unknown USB device..." message. I've read in a couple places where people say it's a timing issue. I've got the JB to run no problem from my iPod video on both of my PS3's. I can't get PSFreedom via iPhone to work on either PS3.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

yes, the iPhone/iPod touch port of PSFreedom only works on 3.41, and the unknown device message is because the ps3 wont recognize it as it is not formatted in FAT32 for file storage, and the exploit hasn't run for it to be used for that purpose. would recommend updating to 3.41 from a usb stick or something if you want to use your iPhone for the jailbreak, and if not then stick with your iPod video :)
Post by: trentmkii on October 10, 2010, 08:45:13 AM
As soon as I saw what FW I was on I updated it. That's how I'm running into the "An unrecognized USB device..." problem. I would really like to get PSFreedom running on my iPhone 3G as I don't use it. My iPod on the other hand is used by me and my girlfriend so it's not always readily available. So any ideas on the cause of the problem? The PS3 is now on 3.41 and the 3G is triple booting and both Apple OS and Android both load fine.

Thanks again for all the help.
Post by: nickxab on October 10, 2010, 11:14:08 PM
Good job man.
But i have an idea.Can you merge the idroid and the psfreedom and add a submenu ?
I mean to keep it like the normal openiboot but when you press in the idroid to bring a sub menu with the psfreedom and idroid launcher.  ;)
Post by: kachijs on October 21, 2010, 04:15:37 PM
hey. maybe there is a way to remove android from the openiboot and leave just psfreedom ?

tnx
Post by: Carlcox89 on October 21, 2010, 11:15:03 PM
Remove this tripleboot version, replace with original openiboot 0.12, then put your psfreedom files at /var/idroid/
Post by: kachijs on October 22, 2010, 10:11:40 AM
Remove this tripleboot version, replace with original openiboot 0.12, then put your psfreedom files at /var/idroid/
yes but how can i rename "android" to psfreedom and change icon to something else other than green little thingy?
Post by: nickxab on October 22, 2010, 12:17:20 PM
Yeah kachijs has a good idea.
Can someone replace the idroid icon with the psfreedom icon please ?
Or at least to add a subcategory in the idroid to load the ps freedom ?
Thanks in advance. :D
Post by: Carlcox89 on October 22, 2010, 03:51:39 PM
yes but how can i rename "android" to psfreedom and change icon to something else other than green little thingy?
Download openiboot source from github then go into images folder and replace the file with the one you want, compile, install on iphone and it's done.
Post by: nickxab on October 22, 2010, 08:26:54 PM
@Carlcox89

I had once more similar idea with you but sadly i don't know ho to compile it.
I am total noob in those thingies. xD
Post by: iPwnUK on October 23, 2010, 05:31:13 PM
You can compile it using the instructions found here, on the wiki (http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Building_OpeniBoot)
Post by: Bry4nMW on October 24, 2010, 12:28:57 AM
Download openiboot source from github then go into images folder and replace the file with the one you want, compile, install on iphone and it's done.
I believe that will not work, though I have not tried it, because the header files paired with the images contain its hex code, so I believe that too will require changing. I have been meaning to change the android picture to a PSF one, but I am too lazy to put the hex data into the syntax the header file has, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that would do it for me.
Post by: nickxab on October 24, 2010, 03:06:41 PM
Where i can find the openiboot source code ?
Post by: Bry4nMW on October 24, 2010, 06:39:10 PM
Where i can find the openiboot source code ?
If you know how to use github you can find it here: http://github.com/iDroid-Project/openiBoot (http://github.com/iDroid-Project/openiBoot)

otherwise here it is in a tarball: http://github.com/iDroid-Project/openiBoot/tarball/master (http://github.com/iDroid-Project/openiBoot/tarball/master)
Post by: Carlcox89 on October 25, 2010, 01:04:15 AM
I believe that will not work, though I have not tried it, because the header files paired with the images contain its hex code, so I believe that too will require changing. I have been meaning to change the android picture to a PSF one, but I am too lazy to put the hex data into the syntax the header file has, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that would do it for me.
That will work for sure, I've did it many times. You just have to change the images you want (keeping the same name or you will have to change the source to equal your file names...better to give them the same name as the existing ones) and then open terminal, go to that images folder and do "make all", it will 'transform' the png images to the correct hex ones.
If you have any doubt, just ask.
Post by: argirop on December 14, 2010, 04:37:02 PM
May i ask if both versions of iBoot (0.1.2 and 0.2) are compatible with PSfreedom? And i was also wondering if version of iDroid makes any difference. For example i installed iDroid 1.0.4.1 (through bootlace) after installing iboot version 0.2 via virtual machine of Ubuntu terminal and i was wondering if i can simply go and replace through winSCP the 2 psfreedom files in private/rar/idroid?
Post by: Peacemaker on January 14, 2011, 12:11:42 AM
Can you give me one for iPhone 3G? And what does PSfreedom do? :-\
Post by: Peacemaker on January 15, 2011, 07:36:04 AM
Can you do this with iX too, just keep the idroid files in the idroid folder and make a iX folder in the idroid folder with all those files?