Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - gwicks

Pages: [1]
Well, I am glad to see that this project is going in a good direction, I've been watching it for almost a year, also, does this mean the github for openiBoot won't be the main one anymore, and will be part of Cyanogen Mod's source?

EDIT: Also, while I may not be able to help with development, I have two devices that I can test with (an old bootrom 3GS and an iPod Touch 2G), and would be perfectly willing to help (yeah, i know theres probably like 100 other people wanting to test, but still). I know how to build something from source, and have a modest amount of Linux experience, and working with the WiiLinux project.

At least for the forseeable future, we're still going to be on our own codebase, once we progress further I will discuss with the CM team about merging our stuff in, there are some things that we'll need to hack and work around before we can start actually merging with their codebase.

As you mentioned, we are ok for testers at present, but feel free to compile our source code and send bug reports in if you'd like, we'll welcome reports :)

Ok, i'm perfectly happy to send bug reports, however, is the 3GS port even basically functional yet?(i dont need perfect, just something that won't brick it 100% of the time). I dont want to break my device too soon, so that when it gets better, i can test more (old bootrom 3gs's are hard to find). I hate to be asking these questions again, because theyve probably been answered before.

Well, I am glad to see that this project is going in a good direction, I've been watching it for almost a year, also, does this mean the github for openiBoot won't be the main one anymore, and will be part of Cyanogen Mod's source?

EDIT: Also, while I may not be able to help with development, I have two devices that I can test with (an old bootrom 3GS and an iPod Touch 2G), and would be perfectly willing to help (yeah, i know theres probably like 100 other people wanting to test, but still). I know how to build something from source, and have a modest amount of Linux experience, and working with the WiiLinux project.

Pages: [1]