Author Topic: New to iDroid-  (Read 1982 times)

Offline MrGahn

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPhone 3g
  • iDroid Version: Pepparkaka 11.01
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.96b4
New to iDroid-
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »
Hello all,
I been working with Pepperkaka 11.01 on an iPhone 3g for a couple months now and I am very impressed
with the work that the iDroid team has produced so far!
I even accidentally hard reset my device and iDroid recovered clean and kept running smooth!

So since the 3g has been retired does that mean that the features Pepperkaka currently has will not be progressed?

I have got a few apks to run and am looking for others with 3g running iDroid to compare some notes with, anybody getting
games to run on their 3g?

again, thanks for all your hard work and I will be sending a donation your way on payday-

@MrGahn
"I'm a Writer a Poet, a Genius, I know it. I don't buy Cheeba...I grow it."

Offline boxingcow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPad, iPod 4G and iPod 2G
  • iDroid Version: -
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w
Re: New to iDroid-
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
Hello all,
I been working with Pepperkaka 11.01 on an iPhone 3g for a couple months now and I am very impressed
with the work that the iDroid team has produced so far!
I even accidentally hard reset my device and iDroid recovered clean and kept running smooth!

So since the 3g has been retired does that mean that the features Pepperkaka currently has will not be progressed?

I have got a few apks to run and am looking for others with 3g running iDroid to compare some notes with, anybody getting
games to run on their 3g?

again, thanks for all your hard work and I will be sending a donation your way on payday-

@MrGahn

The current work is ongoing with the A4 ports, I am not sure if the S5l8900 devices will see ICS or any updates but I suspect that it is unlikely.. Thanks for the interest in the project though!

Offline Swervin Girvin

• View Profile
  • iDevice: iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 3G
  • iDroid Version: Pepparakaka 11.04
  • Jailbreak: redsn0w 0.9.4
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »
Yo MrGahn!

I'm right there with you man. I've got a 3G and a 1G Touch, both projects have been "retired" sadly so the dev team won't be making any future updates.  :'( But I've been able to get some game .apks to run I've got a Snes emulator on my iDroid that works wonderfully, well the apk installed fine and the program is stable. I've yet to test any games on it because I've royally screwed my Mac and can't SSH into it till I find a worthwhile program, (I was using Fugu but Lion broke it). I'd assume that most games should run fairly smooth... but since this is all Alpha release for these devices don't try anything too memory intensive (to avoid a crash, hard reset).

I've followed this project for awhile now and its sad that I (or any old 3G user) won't be getting any more updates for iDroid, and don't have the cash for a new iDevice. But I still am anxiously waiting to see what is to become of the project and how far they can adapt compatibility. Keep up the good work guys. And if you feel generous, don't let the 3G project die! 

Offline boxingcow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • iDevice: iPad, iPod 4G and iPod 2G
  • iDroid Version: -
  • Jailbreak: Redsn0w
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
You can contribute to the S5l8900 side if you want.. Just hit us up in IRC and ask around (would recommend some background knowledge of how to do general computer stuffs though, and knowledge of Android itself would be a bonus...)