Unable to load oibc

Request help with issues regarding iDroid on the iPhone 2G

Unable to load oibc

by droidboy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi, I am having trouble running oibc. I get this error."droidboy@ubuntu:~/idroid$ sudo ./oibc
./oibc: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Looking in /Lib there is only libreadline.so.6 and no libreadline.so.5. I've tried to rename the .6 file to .5 but I get this"
"droidboy@ubuntu:~/idroid$ sudo ./oibc
Client connected: !<filename>[@<address>] to send a file, ~<filename>[@<address>]:<len> to receive a file
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
I am currently running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and my iphone is on 3.0
droidboy

Re: Unable to load oibc

by fergy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:18 pm

droidboy wrote:Hi, I am having trouble running oibc. I get this error."droidboy@ubuntu:~/idroid$ sudo ./oibc
./oibc: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Looking in /Lib there is only libreadline.so.6 and no libreadline.so.5. I've tried to rename the .6 file to .5 but I get this"
"droidboy@ubuntu:~/idroid$ sudo ./oibc
Client connected: !<filename>[@<address>] to send a file, ~<filename>[@<address>]:<len> to receive a file
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
I am currently running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and my iphone is on 3.0

Hi.
First try:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install libreadline

and if file is there, then:
Code: Select all
sudo ln -s /lib/libreadline.so.6 /lib/libreadline.so.5

That will symlink readline6 to readline5 and You're on.
Ramon-Tomislav Rebersak
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Linux Development Department

http://www.fer.hr

fergy

Return to Help!