The iDroid projects main focus is to bring Linux to Apple's iDevices further extending the already great potential of those devices. We do not condone any type of piracy or copyright/trademark infringement.
Legitimate discussion only
The iDroid project intends to expand the value of the iDevices by finding new uses for them in legitimate ways.
Here are some examples of what could be considered legal and not. These are in no way comprehensive, and should not be considered legal advice, but should give you a good overall understanding what this project is all about and what it is not.
Examples of legitimate activities include:
- Expanding Open Source drivers and applications
- Porting Linux to the iDevices
- Describing the behavior of the iDevices
- Finding and fixing bugs
- Improving compatibility
Examples of activities that must probably be considered not legitimate and hence will not be tolerated include:
- Making accessible material that is not licensed for distribution, e.g. proprietary firmware for multitouch or WiFi
- Disseminating knowledge that was acquired in a way that might violate any laws, especially copyright
Should you encounter such material, remove it immediately, as it is a violation of this site's policy.
Users are responsible for their postings
All postings and comments are the responsibility of the users that posted them; by contributing to this site, you thereby grant the world (including, but not limited to, the iDroid project) the permission to use, modify, and distribute your contribution; conditions may vary. The default license for all contributions are either the GNU FDL (wikitext) or the CC BY-SA (everything else).